Scholarship and Research Integrity
All graduate students in the College of the Liberal Arts entering graduate programs on or after fall 2009 are required to complete a unit on Scholarship and Research Integrity (SARI) that is appropriate for their field of study.
In the department of Political Science, the SARI requirement is fulfilled by:
- Successful completion of PL SC 511 (Professional Norms in Political Science)
- Attendance at one departmental brownbag on a SARI-related topic.
- Attendance at least one workshop sponsored by the Office of Research Protection (ORP).
- Completion of the CITI online course. Specifically, students must provide certification that they passed CITI online courses in either the “Human Subjects Research for IRB Training” or “Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research Course” with a grade of 80 percent or better.
CITI Program Courses
- Access to Penn State’s CITI Program courses can be found at citi.psu.edu
- Choose the appropriate link for your campus affiliation: either Hershey, or Penn State locations other than Hershey.
- Answer a series of questions to help you select the appropriate CITI Program course.
- Once you have begun, you may enter and leave the course at any time, completing modules as time permits.
- Participants who have successfully completed a CITI Program course (with a grade of 80% or higher) will receive a certificate at the end of the course.