Graduate School Resources
- The University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) provides a nice brochure of tips and advice for applying to graduate programs in political science (that may be especially helpful for those interested in the Big Ten). :http://www.cic.uiuc.edu/programs/FreeApp/documents/ApplyingtoGradSchool_000.pdf
- Whittier University also provides a good, general overview of what to consider when considering grad school:http://www.whittier.edu/career
Is Grad School the right choice for you?
OnlineMastersPrograms.org is a comprehensive site that strives to provide prospective graduate students with the information to select, enroll, pay for, and succeed in an on or offline master's program. We believe this site can play a central role in proving how rich an experience earning an online master’s degree can be and, taking things a step further, how successful professional life can be once a master’s is obtained.
Finding a program
- This website offers listings of grad schools with PhD programs in political science, organized by region. Each listing includes contact information for the admissions director, and links to individual program websites.
- The GlobalMPA web portal is created and maintained by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), a non-profit organization that represents 253 U.S. university programs in public affairs, public policy, public administration, and public management. On this page, you can find information about:
- the professional degrees (MPP, MPA and PhD in Policy, Planning or Administration)
- careers and jobs available to MPP/MPA graduates
- tips and advice for finding the right school/program for you, applying to graduate school and scholarships, grant opportunities and financial assistance
The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (www.naspaa.org)
- NASPAA serves as a national and international resource for the promotion of excellence in education and training for public service. In the ‘For Students’ section, you can find:
- FAQ’s about the grad school search, application and matriculation processes
- A clearinghouse of online courses offered at NASPAA member institutions and available to students anywhere
- A database of member schools that offer grad degrees in public affairs and administration that is searchable by degree, specialization, state or accreditation
Financial assistance, Scholarships and Grant Opportunities
- University of California, Riverside has one of the most comprehensive lists of external funding sources for graduate study: http://www.graddiv.ucr.edu/Admiss/HowFindMoneyNew.html
Interested in Law School?
- The Penn State Pre-Law Advising Office provides this page full of useful links: